The world of the film forms around a unique musical instrument and its incredible journey, that involved witnessing all the horrors of the war. It opens in a violin shop, where at the beginning of the 20 century an instrument was created as a present for a Jewish boy. It ends many years later by a concert at the Wailing Wall.
The filming took place in Moscow, New-York, Prague, Brest, Minsk and ended in Jerusalem with accordance of the novel’s plot.
Cast and crew:
- Directed by: Konstantin Fam
- Screenplay by: Konstantin Fam, Maksim Voskoboyev
- Music by: Egor Romanenko
- Produced by: Konstantin Fam, Alexey A. Petrukhin, Egor Odintsov, Boris Mints
- Cinematography: Mikhail Vikhrov, Otabek Djuraev, Aleksandr Aleynikov, Phil Lee, David Strajmayster
- Starring: Lenn Kudrjawizki, Vladimir Koshevoy, Mikhail Gorevoy, Vyacheslav Chepurchenko, Maria King, Marusya Zykova, Alexey Petrukhin, Anzhelika Kashirina, Alim Kandur, Vyacheslav Ganenko
- 39th Moscow International Film Festival, Competition program
- The film is longlisted for the Academy Award for Best Live Action Short Film, 2017